Today I am sharing some tips on how to love your current wardrobe!
- Go through your closet. Sort through all the clothes that fit and don’t fit. By that, I also mean, flattering! It you hate how it fits, get rid of it. You don’t need it getting in the way of potential pieces that could be wore with confidence and used in an outfit.
- Organize. I have found my best outfits come from having my closet organized. Place your tops, cardigans, sweaters, dresses, and anything that can be hung in there category. Then sort by color. If anything needs to be put away for the season you are in store it away in a dust-free space. You don’t want pieces you can’t wear right now hanging around. They will just distract you when you are trying to put an outfit together.
- Put your shoes in your closet. Having your shoes by your clothes is going to make it much easier to plan an outfit. You can brainstorm ideas by pulling the shoes next to the outfit. You can mix and match outfits with different style shoes, which will result in different, “new”, outfits!
- Take a look at your accessories. This is huge! What do you have? lay them all out. Maybe you can layer them? Maybe you can put that necklace you love to wear with a new outfit combo!
- Stop bullying your clothes. If you haven’t been shopping for awhile, change your perspective. Be positive knowing you have clothes to wear and be creative with what you have! Which brings us to the next post.
- Get inspo. Style watch is one of my favorite magazines. It has soon many great ideas for outfits. There are so many fashion bloggers out there now. Big and small. A lot have a ton of great ideas and advice. Check out their out outfit details and post! Make you have a friend thats a total fashionista? Invite her over and play in your closet together!
- Have a place to hang your outfit up. It doesn’t have to be fancy. When I was living with a room mate I used to use a towel rack that hung over my door to put outfits together! Anything works. As long as you have a place to hang the outfit ideas. You can even lay them out on your bed if you don’t have one right away.
- Don’t be afraid to try a new look. Fashion is fun. Its a great way to express yourself and how you’re feeling. If youre feeling sassy or daring, try mixing some of the prints in your closet! Layer on tons of jewelry with a neutral top!! There are so many possibilities!
- TRY the outfits on. The benefits of putting outfits together with your own clothes is you already know how they are going to fit!
- Be confident. The best outfit always involves confidence and a smile. God made you beautiful (you were made in His image) and knowing that will shine and radiate through ANY outfit!
All for His glory.